Hello lovelies! So, I had started this blog as a way to get my thoughts about what I read out in physical form and to connect with other book lovers and bloggers. Recently I have been nominated for a few blogger awards, and I am beyond grateful and delighted!
For those who don’t know, these blogger awards are community created. They are a way for other bloggers to connect with each other and show their shared admiration and respect for one another. Being nominated for a blogger award means that a fellow blogger appreciates what you do and wants to share your creation with others! Being nominated is not a commitment. You don’t have to participate, but it is a way to connect and share mutual admiration of one another and to learn more about each other.
I absolutely love the idea behind these awards and I am so grateful that there are others out there that are supportive of each other and like to praise one another!
I was recently nominated for The Real Neat Blog Award and the Liebster Award by the lovely Ipuna Black. Ipuna is a valued blogger friend, and I absolutely admire her positivity and her uplifting blog! Please give her a follow and show her awesome blog some love! And thank you so much for always showing me support and always being such an amazing, positive blogger!
I was also nominated for the Liebster Award by the lovely Lois from Lois Reads Books. Lois Reads Books is actually a blog authored by two people, Lois and David, and they do an excellent job with writing interesting book reviews, so check out their awesome blog and show them some love as well!
The Real Neat Blog Award was created by Dear Kitty. Some Blog. and I was also nominated by this amazing blogger for the award! Thank you so much for creating this unique blogger award and for nominating me Kitty!
The rules for this one are:
- Put the award logo on your blog.
- Answer 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Thank the people who nominated you, linking to their blogs.
- Nominate any number of bloggers you like, linking to their blogs.
- Let them know you nominated them (by commenting on their blog etc.) (pingback)
Since Ipuna nominated some of us for both awards, she combined her questions for both awards. I will answer those here, as they will count for my nomination of the Liebster Award. I will nominate people after addressing both awards and will do the same thing with the questions to make it easier for those who decided to participate :-).
- Where in the world are you?
I am in hot, dry, scorpion filled Arizona!
- How many languages do you speak?
- What is your biggest goal for your blog?
My biggest goal for my blog is to connect with other book lovers and book authors.
- What is your 5 year plan, if you have one?
My five year plan is to grow my blog tremendously, and possibly consider writing a book.
- How would you define success?
I would define success as either finishing what you set out to, and being happy with the outcome, or learning from what you set out to do and becoming determined to do something better.
- What has been your greatest success so far?
I have had great success with connecting with other bloggers and feeling happy with the risks I’ve taken to put myself out there.
- How do you keep yourself organized?
Organized? Haha! Well, I try to keep myself on a schedule with my plans and I make sure I finish one thing before starting another.
- What’s your favorite dessert?
Hershey’s Chocolate Sundae pie!
- What are you afraid of?
I’m afraid of spiders and creepy crawlies! I’m also afraid of having a boring life by not taking risks.
- What are you absolutely bad at? What are you the best at?
I’m really horrible at sticking to a diet. I’m best at procrastinating.
- Which fictional character would you be best friends with?
I would probably be best friends with Audrey Rose from Stalking Jack The Ripper, or Lady Helen from The Dark Days Club.
- Is there a time when something didn’t turn out the way it was supposed to, but in the end, you were glad that it didn’t?
Tough one! After graduating high school I had started attending a university as a music major. I became unhappy after 2 years and decided to attend community college instead to go in to the medical field. I believe that if I had stayed at the university that I would not have met my husband.
1. Where do most visits to your blog come from?
Most of my blog visits come from the WP Reader, or from bloggers following me back.
2. What is your favourite sport?
Not really a sports person, but I have an interest in MMA because my cousin, The Mexicutioner used to fight for UFC and Bellator.
3. What has been a special moment for you so far in 2017?
4. What is your favourite quote?
I don’t really have one favorite quote. I usually save quotes I like, as I find them, when they pertain to a certain situation or time in my life.
5. What was your favourite class when still at school?
6. Anything you had wished to have learned earlier?
I wish I would have learned about the book blogging world a long time ago and the ability to request Advanced Reading Copies!
7. What musical instrument have you tried to play?
I used to play Clarinet, E flat Clarinet, Alto Saxaphone, and Tenor Saxaphone. I had started to learn piano while I was a music major in 2005.
The blogger who nominated Ipuna explained to her that Liebster is “German for dearest, darling, liked or loved above all others.” Self explanatory and a very cute idea!
The rules for this award are:
1. Thank the person who nominated you.
2. Answer 11 questions about yourself.
3. Give 11 interesting facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 11 other bloggers.
11 Interesting Facts about me:
*I have been a Clarinet Major and an English Major.
*I have 2 Associate’s Degrees in the medical field.
*I have worked as a freelance makeup artist with a salon for wedding makeup.
*I love to be outdoors on a beautiful day, but HATE all bugs!
*I was born on the East Coast and lived for many years on the West Coast.
*I used to sell Pure Romance products, but absolutely hate graphic sex scenes in books, movies, and television.
*I LOVE Tim Burton movies!
*I have been to over 40 concerts/music festivals!
*I prefer Young Adult books over Adult.
*I can usually sit for hours and read an entire book!
*I love vintage clothing and hairstyles!
Questions from Lois:
1. What are 5 things that you cannot leave the house without?
Cell phone, glucose monitor, purse, mirror, and lip-gloss.
2. What is one skill or talent that you would like to learn, no matter the difficulty?
I would love to learn how to paint.
3. What is your favourite film, how long has it been your favourite film and why?
My favorite film is Edward Scissorhands because it is like a beautiful, dark faerie tale and I love the imagery!
4. Are you a fan of amusement parks, if so which one is your favourite? If not, why don’t you like them?
I love amusement parks! Disney World is my favorite.
5. Are you a dog person, a cat person, or neither? Also, if you have pets what are they?
I am normally a cat person, but I love dogs as long as they are not slobbery, lol. I have 2 cats and a dog.
6. What are your 3 top tips to get out of a reading slump?
Take a break from reading completely. Find another enjoyable activity before trying to read again. Take a look at the synopsis and remind yourself of why you chose the book.
7. Are you a sweet or a savoury flavoured person?
I am probably savory.
8. If you could recommend any book to me what would it be and why?
I would recommend Blood Rose Rebellion because it is full of magic and gypsies!
9. Do you know your heritage, if so, what is it?
I am half Mexican on my mom’s side, and part Sicilian from my dad’s side.
10. You discover that your wonderful one year old child is because of a mix up at the hospital and is not yours. Would you want to exchange the child to correct the mistake?
I don’t know if I can answer this. I am not a big kid person and doubt that my husband and I will have children, so I can’t fully comprehend the unconditional love for a child. I feel like at that young, the child would not know any better and wouldn’t have any emotional scarring from switching back to the rightful parents, and the parents would not have had time to fully bond with the child, but I don’t know how I would feel about that baby unless I had been in the parent situation.
11. What is your biggest fear?
Spiders. I cannot even look at a picture of one without freaking out and seeing it after I close my eyes!
And finally, my questions for those tagged:
- Why did you start your blog?
- How do you spread the word about your blog?
- Who is your inspiration?
- Do you have a particular talent?
- What is your favorite food?
- Do you have a career outside of blogging?
- Are you an animal lover?
- What kind of music do you like?
- What is your favorite book?
- What is your favorite movie?
- Where is your favorite vacation spot?
- Do you play video games?
Teacher of YA / Spotlight on Stories / Too Much of a Book Nerd / I‘ve Read This / Des’ Random Thoughts / Books From Dusk Til Dawn / A Tepid Wary / Book Princess Reviews / Girls In Books / Our Book and Bookish Thoughts / Beware Of The Reader / Ignited Moth
Blogger/ Punk Rocker / Quirky Housewife