Happy Friday everyone!!
Holy cow guys!! I have now officially been nominated 8 times for The Liebster Award!! That is insane and I am forever grateful to you all!! I wouldn’t trade any of the nominations for anything!
I would however, like to give other blogs chances to be nominated for this award, so I will forever be grateful for those who have nominated me, and those who will consider nominating me in the future, but I would like this to be my last Liebster Award!
So, first, let me introduce you to the outstanding bloggers who nominated me this time around! Please give them all a visit and a follow. They are each unique and amazing! ❤
Thanks so much for the love and support guys!! ❤
The Liebster Award:
Libester is a German word meaning beloved or dearest. The Libester Award is for your favorite or beloved bloggers who deserve some live in their lives. It is a fun way to get to know your favorite bloggers. And to learn about the blogger behind the blog. You can also promote other bloggers through this award.
1. Acknowledge the blog who nominated you and display the award.
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you.
3. Nominate 11 blogs.
4. Notify those blogs of the nomination.
5. Give them 11 questions to answer.
Mini Mac Reviews’ Questions:
- How long did you think about your blog before starting it? Almost a month.
- What is your favorite book to movie conversion? Why? Probably The Host because it kept the feel of the book but had a movie pace.
- What’s your favorite childhood book? Why? A Little Princess because of the moral lessons and Sarah’s imagination!
- When you aren’t reading/ blogging, what hobbies and activities take up your time? Video Games!
- If you could hang one famous painting in your living room, what would it be? Anything from Josephine Wall, or Starry Night!
- If you could have one superpower, what would it be and why? I would want to fly so I could go wherever I wanted!
- Describe yourself in three words. Loud, colorful, honest.
- If you could give new bloggers a tip, what would it be? Be yourself and don’t be afraid to connect with others!
- What is the most memorable book you’ve ever read and what made it so memorable? So far it’s been Gunslinger Girl by Lyndsay Ely because the story was amazing, the main character was a kick ass female, and the supporting character were wild and intriguing!
- If you could bring any fictional character to dinner who would it be and why? I would dine with Thomas Cresswell from SJTR and HPD because it would be so fun and scandalous!
- What’s the best comment you have ever received on your blog? I actually recently received a message on Good Reads from someone who said she added several books to her TBR because of my blog and that made my whole week!
Katie Judges Books’ Questions:
1) Why and how did you start blogging? I started blogging because I wanted to join the book community, talk about books with fellow book lovers, and find a way to help out authors. Using WP was quite easy to start with and was free.
2) Does it ever feel like work and how do you juggle all the other responsibilities? Sometimes it feels like work if I procrastinate on writing a post, or when I let myself get overloaded with review requests, but since I am a housewife, I am okay with that feeling and can still juggle this and housework.
3) Do you ever connect with authors/chat with them? I do and I enjoy it! Mainly indie authors, but I have connected with several well known authors and they are all incredibly kind!
4) Do you like writing reviews and what do you do when you have to write a bad review? I do like writing reviews. I enjoy being honest and talking about my thoughts and feelings. When I write a bad review, I try to be respectful and state that its my own opinion and still try to point out good things about the book.
5) Do you do tags and all these things or do you just post reviews? I do tags on Mondays and Awards on Fridays. I love them!
6) Do you schedule your posts in advance or just go with it and try to post as regularly as possible? I have been scheduling my posts in advance for my reviews and sometimes for my tags.
7) Do all your friends read or are you friends with people who do not read? I do not have any friends who read besides my online blogging friends and my mom!
8) What do you feel like when watching the movie/series not following the book? I don’t like it when there are major changes unless the changes feel like they still could fit in the book.
9) Your favorite book at any point of life? A Little Princess as a child, Gunslinger Girl now.
10) Do you stick to one genre or do you read diverse books? I usually stick to YA, but read many sub-genres within, and occasionally reach for Adult Contemporary, Horror, and Sci-Fi.
11) Did you like the books you had to read in school or not? I liked a few of them like Wuthering Heights, Beowulf, and A Midsummer Night’s Dream.
Books, Trust, and Pixie Dust’s Questions:
- What is your favorite genre to read? YA!
- Is there a fictional character you relate to? If so, who is it? Probably Audrey Rose from SJTR and HPD because she is stubborn, speaks her mind, and likes to rise above her station and gender.
- Did you love the books you read in school or hate them? I loved a few of them, like the ones mentioned above, and hated The Old Man and the Sea and Life of Pi.
- If you could unread a book so you could experience it for the first time again, which book would you choose? Three Dark Crowns.
- What’s your guilty pleasure? The Mortal Instruments series.
- Do you have any pet peeves? Fingerprints on books and dog earing pages.
- Are you a bookmark person or dogeared person? BOOKMARK!!
- Do you make dreamcasts for your favorite characters? If so, who’s your favorite fc (face claim/fan cast)? I do sometimes. My favorite at the moment is Kit Harrington as Sasha in First Came Forever!! Also, Andy Black from Black Veil Brides as Kaz Brekker from Six of Crows ;-P
- Do you have any hidden talents? I used to be an amazing clarinet player. I auditioned and won places in district band each year and state orchestra my senior year of high school.
- How do you organize your bookshelves? I don’t at the moment, lol.
- Would you rather be a fairy, an elf, or a mermaid? Can I just be a hybrid? A Faerelfmaid? No? Probably a faerie first, a mermaid second and an elf if I couldn’t be the first two.
Button Book Reviews’ Questions:
- What is your least favorite character type? (you cannot say the villians) Whiny, boy crazy, teenage girls!!
- What is a book that you hate but everyone else seems to love? Revenant: Blood Justice. Every person that has reviewed so far has loved it but I thought it was awful!
- If you could travel to a place in time for 1 hour what would it be? Victorian Era
- What is your Patronus? (If you do not know take the test on Pottermore) Couldn’t take the test without making an account.
- If you could jump into any book in the world, what would it be and why? It would be so fun and adventurous to jump in to Jackaby!
- If you could have any pet in world, real or fictional, what would it be and why? A unicorn because they are so majestic!
- If you suddenly had to leave and you could only take one item with you, what would it be and why? My cell phone because I could still connect with everyone and read e-books!
- What movie or TV show would you turn into a YA book or series? The Age of Adeline
- If you had to turn your life into a book what would the book be called? Darque Dreamer’s Fiction
- Paperback or ebook? Paperback
- Cat or Dog? Cat
Keystroke Blogs Questions:
- What is the first thing that comes to mind when I say orange? BANANA!
- Righty or lefty? Righty
- Can you type without looking at the keyboard? For the most part.
- What is your favorite thing about the blogging community? Chatting with fun, fellow bloggers!
- What book do you think is overrated? Roseblood.
- What book do you think is underrated? The Dark Days Club
- How many books do you usually read a month? 10-12
- Pineapple on pizza: yes or no? NO!
- Favorite color? Teal and purple.
- Favorite food? Mac and Cheese.
- How hungry are you right now? VERY! Day 2 of a new diet!
Perspective of a Writer / Stephanie’s Book Reviews / Port Jericho / Carrie’s Book Reviews / Books, Books, and More Books / Kristin Kraves Books / 5171 Miles Book Blog / Stellar Kitten Book Reviews / Naty’s Book Shelf / The Sassy Book Geek / YA and Wine / Jill Jemmett / Pages Unbound / Coffee Loving Bookaholic / Reading Parental / Book Bastion / Howling Libraries / Snow White Hates Apples / Luv to Read / Touch My Spine Book Reviews
Please don’t feel obligated to post on the award! I appreciate and love every single one of my fellow bloggers and just wanted to nominate some of you to let you know you are awesome!
Also, pick one set of questions from the 4 sets I have answered!
Blogger/ Punk Rocker / Quirky Housewife