Happy Friday lovelies!
It has been a while since I have posted on awards. You all know how I love them! They brighten my day, and in turn, I get to pay them forward to brighten the days of others! I am so honored to be thought of by my amazing fellow bloggers! Thank you to each one of you who has ever nominated me, or has thought about nominating me. I appreciate each one of you and if I had the time, I would nominated every single one of you for every award!
So, as much as I love the awards, I have decided that I will slow down with them and eventually stop posting on them. I would like to give other blogs a chance to be nominated, and I am going to turn my Fridays in to Faerie Tale Fridays. I plan on reading and reviewing all the Faerie Tale retellings in K.M Shea’s Timeless Fairy Tales series, and then moving on to other retellings. If you have any ideas to add to my reviews, or things you would like to see or be discussed, please let me know!! I will be doing reviews, aesthetic boards, and some discussions on comparing the retellings to the original tales.
This post may be a little long. I am addressing two awards, one of which I was nomianted for 7 times. I am so thankful for each nomination, and going forward I will not post on these two awards again, so I can give others an opportunity to be nominated!
Today I will be posting about my second nomination for The Real Neat Blog Award, and my 3-9th nominations for The Sunshine Blogger Award.
Katie at Never Not Reading Blog nominated me for The Real Neat Blog Award some time ago. Go follow her blog and show her some love, because she is pretty awesome!
- Display the award logo on your blog
- Thank the folks who nominated you and provide links to their blogs
- Answer the 7 questions asked by your nominator(s)
- Nominate any number of other bloggers to share the award and give them some linky love
- Notify the nominated folk
- Ask the nominees 7 questions of your own
- What do you love most about blogging?
What I love the most is the connections I have made with my fellow bloggers!I have met some amazing, beautiful, friendly people and I enjoy chatting with you all!
- Why did you start blogging in the first place?
I started blogging to talk about the books I read and to make connections with bloggers and authors.
- Do you have a favorite genre?
My favorite genre is Fantasy.
- What is your favorite book you’ve read so far this year, and what did you love about it?
So far, my favorite book is Gunslinger Girl by Lyndsay Ely because it is incredibly well written, full of action and adventure, and stars a kick ass, strong heroine!
- Favorite and least favorite slang word of the 2010s. (Hint, “neat” is not from the 2010s.)
Bae is my least favorite! I hate that word with a passion, lmao!
- Which kind of apocalypse do you most enjoy reading/watching/thinking about?
Fun question! I would have to say anything caused by a virus, like Resident Evil, lol. My favorite book so far about this would be This Mortal Coil.
- What about a blog makes you follow?
I follow blogs who post content I enjoy and are friendly and interactive.
I am forwarding these same questions to my nominees!
Make sure you go and follow all of their blogs and check out their amazing posts! They are all awesome! ❤ Thank you guys for nominating me! ❤
- Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Questions From Two Gals and a Book:
1. If you found out that in a week you were going to die, what would you do with the time you had remaining? – Daisy
I would try to get a quick flight to Scotland or Ireland and get some sight seeing and pub hopping done!
2. Have you ever met any published authors in person, who’s books you have read? -Daisy
I recently met Erin Bowman and Alexandra Bracken!! I also met Rae Carson, but have not read anything from her yet.
3. What made you decide to start a blog? – Daisy
I wanted a place to talk about books and to connect with others!
4. What are you most passionate about? – Daisy
Music. I cannot live without music.
5. If you were going to write a book, what would it be about? – Daisy
It would probably be a fantasy about dreams coming to life.
6. If you could pick anything on your bucket list to be fulfilled tomorrow, what would it be? — Stacy
A trip to Scotland or Ireland.
7. Do you aspire to be a writer?– Stacy
8. What is something about you not many people would not know?– Stacy
I have something called Alopecia Areata. My hair fell out in high school and I had to wear a wig until college.
9. What trait would you consider the most important in a person? –Stacy
10. Say you awakened tomorrow with the ability to snap your fingers and rid all of humanity of just one problem, what would it be? — Stacy
11. If you were given 10 million dollars tomorrow, what would you do with it?– Stacy
Pay off all debt, buy a house with a library, a car, my dream trip, and donate to several charities.
Questions From Phannie the Ginger Bookworm:
#1 – What is your favourite genre? (Book or Movie)
Fantasy for books, horror for movies.
#2 – Do you have a daily routine?
I usually get up and have breakfast and coffee while checking my blog subscription emails.
#3 – What are some of your all-time favourites?
Not exactly sure what favorites. Gunslinger Girl- favorite book, Edward Scissorhands- Favorite movie, AFI- Favorite band, Doctor Who- Favorite TV show.
#4 – What is your favourite dish?
Mac and Cheese!
#5 – How long have you been blogging?
Almost 11 months.
#6 – How do you stay motivated?
Self pep talks, lol.
#7 – What was your least favourite school subject?
#8 – Do you prefer TV-shows or movies?
#9 – Your Top 5 movie/TV adaptations that you liked?
The 100, The Host, Red Riding Hood, The Mortal Instruments movie, The Martian.
#10 – Your Top 5 least favourite adaptations?
Twilight, The Shadowhunters show, Beautiful Creatures,
#11 – Do you have any reading goals this year?
My reading goal this year was 100 books. I am now at 124 :).
Questions From One’s Peculiar:
1- a city you want to visit because of a book.
2- most anticipated releases of 2018
Daughter of the Siren Queen
3- most disappointed read in 2017 ( so far )
The Bone Witch
4- favourite bookworm fictional character
5- an author you are desperate to meet
6- an author you would like to co-write with
7- favourite villains
8- your most beautiful books
Gunslinger Girl, Passenger, Vengeance Road, and Mechanica
9- last hyped book you read
10- a new series you want to read
House of Furies
11- a character you would like to take on a date
Questions From My Life as a Sports Fangirl:
- What’s your favorite book of 2017 so far?
Released- This Mortal Coil, ARC- Gunslinger Girl
- Have you read any debut authors this year?
- What made you want to start blogging?
Book talk and blogger connections!
- Are you a sports fan? Why or why not?
I am not. I don’t understand sports and I don’t think athletes should make more money than our military.
- Who is one author you want to read but have yet to check out?
- If you could rewrite any book ending, which would it be?
Moonbeam by Adrienne Woods.
- Do you watch Booktube? If so, who is your favorite Booktuber?
I haven’t really gotten in to that yet.
- What’s your favorite time of day to read?
Late at night when my husband and fur kids are snoring.
- If you could take your favorite book character to a restaurant, where would you take them?
Olive Garden, lol.
- Do you have any plans for fall?
Catching back up on review requests!
- Who is your favorite Disney princess/character?
Merida from Brave!
Questions From Lair of Books:
Questions From Utopia State of Mind:
- Make me a meal with books. What would we have for appetizer, mains, desert, soup, salad, etc? For example, what’s a good book to start with? What book is so sweet you’d have it for desert?
Etiquette and Espionage- Appetizer, Gunslinger Girl- Main, First Came Forever- Dessert.
- On the note of food, tell me what literary sweet thing you’d bake for someone’s birthday?
Some sort of treat that Cath from Heartless would make!
- And because I love food forever, what book scene with food is your favorite? Is it a food fight? A scene of a feast? I am obsessed with eating in books not only because they are so vivid, but because characters don’t need food to eat, so each mention has significance and consideration.
I don’t really have a favorite scene for this question, lol.
- What is the book cover you wish you could re-do?
The Dark Days Pact
- Who would be in your pirate crew?
Alosa, Kaz, Inej, Rowan from Unhooked, Lila Bard, Pity from Gunslinger Girl, Kate from Vengeance Road, and Celaena!
- What is your favorite under rated TV show? (I need some recommendations)
- Pick me a character you’d fight a dragon with, a character you’d duel, and a character you’d go on an epic quest with.
I’d fight a dragon with Elena from the Dragonian Series, duel with Alosa, and go on an epic quest with Kate from Vengeance Road.
- What would be your mythical pet?
- What do we need to see a retelling of? (retellings are my favorite)
The Phantom of the Opera!
- If I could only read one book next year, what book should I read?
Gunslinger Girl by Lyndsay Ely!
- What narrative do you think the publishing world is severely lacking? For me it’s adoption narratives.
I’d agree with this.
Questions From Flipping Thru the Pages:
1. Do you read multiple books at once?
I have been lately. I never used to be able to concentrate on more than 1 at a time.
2. What “required reading” book did you enjoy reading the most in school?
3. Do you like romance in books?
Sometimes, if they don’t have a lot of sex.
4. What’s your Hogwarts house?
I don’t know. Haven’t gotten in to the world yet.
5. Do you like reading outside?
Only at the beach!
6. Do you have any pets?
I have two cats and a dog. They are all spoiled!
7. What was/is your favorite subject in school?
8. Do you like to write?
I used to write poetry and aspire to write a novel.
9. How long have you been blogging?
10. Are you a fast reader?
11. What was the first book that you fell in love with?
Anyone nominated can use any set of questions or mix and match!
The Cozy Pages / I Should Read That / Ginger Mom Reads / Touch My Spine Book Reviews / Books and Munches / Carrie’s Book Reviews / Book Crushin / The Wanderlust Reader / Port Jericho / Bookish in Bed / Chikaru Blog / Curly Book Owl / Coffee Loving Bookaholic
Don’t feel obligated to post on these! I completely understand if you don’t want to post or if you have already received the awards. ❤
Blogger/ Punk Rocker / Quirky Housewife