It has been a while since I have brought you a beauty review! My apologies! Today I will be talking about something super important when it comes to feeling beautiful. Skin. It is so important to feel comfortable in your own skin! It gets so hard to do that when your skin feels dry, though.
I have always had dry skin. I HATE lotion! It’s greasy and such a pain to apply. Since moving to Arizona though, my skin has never felt dryer. So, it became time to try some lotion. Luckily, I received the La Roche-Posay Lipikar Balm AP+ Body Cream (along with the Lipikar lotion and Lipikar Eczema cream) for free in exchange for my honest review from Influenster and LaRoche-Posay, so I had a place to start with trying lotions out.
Intense Repair Moisturizing Cream: Discover prebiotic body care. Body cream for extra dry skin and dry skin conditions. Clinically shown to reduce dry, rough skin. Replenishes skin’s essential lipids and provides long-lasting, 48 hour hydration. From the #1 Body Care brand in European Pharmacies.*
- Formulated with exclusive La Roche-Posay Prebiotic Thermal Water, Shea Butter, Glycerin and Niacinamide.
- Easy to apply, quick absorbing formula in a creamy, comforting balm texture. Non-greasy and non-sticky finish.
- Suitable for babies two weeks and up, children and adults. Accepted by the National Eczema Association.
- Non comedogenic. Allergy-tested. Dermatologist & Pediatrician tested.
- Fragrance free
- Suitable for sensitive skin
- Paraben free
- Aqua / Water
- Butyrospermum Parkii Butter / Shea Butter
- Paraffinum Liquidum / Mineral Oil
- Cetearyl Alcohol
- Brassica Campestris Oleifera Oil / Rapeseed Seed Oil
- Polyacryldimethyltauramide / Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate
- PEG-100 Stearate
- Glyceryl Stearate
- PEG-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate
- Cera Microcristallina / Microcrystalline Wax
- Sorbitan Tristearate
- Disodium EDTA
- Capryloyl Glycine
- Vitreoscilla Ferment
- Xanthan Gum
- Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate
- Sodium Benzoate
- Use as a face or body cream for extremely dry skin conditions.
- Apply all over the body on clean skin morning and evening.
- Gently massage body cream on skin until absorbed. Can be used on body and face all year round.
- Comforting cream texture that is fast-absorbing.
- Non-greasy and non-sticky finish.
- Extra dry, rough skin
- Extremely dry skin conditions
- Accepted by the National Eczema Association
- Sensitive skin
- Fragrance-free. Paraben-free. Allergy tested. Non-comedogenic. Dermatologist & Pediatrician tested.
- Suitable for babies two weeks and up, children and adults.
(Taken directly from the La Roche-Posay website)
As I said above, I have extremely dry skin that was made worse after moving to Arizona. We also have hard water. I usually itch after a shower. I had hoped this lotion would take care of this problem, and as far as the itch goes, it does soothe it for a few minutes after application, but it just didn’t help my dry skin at all.
The consistency is too thick. It is very hard to rub in all the way. It still has a slightly greasy feeling for about 10-15 minutes after application, and once it is completely soaked in, my skin just feels taught and dry like before I applied the lotion. I have been using this daily on my body and face, applying directly after a shower while my pores are still open, and I have not experienced any of the benefits promised. My skin is also still visibly dry after using this product. Unfortunately, it’s just not for me.
The image above is just after an application. I felt that it made my skin feel, and look, dryer. It also does not have a pleasant smell, as my husband stated that he hated smelling it on me. This product gets one lonely mermaid, or star, from me.
I received this product for free in exchange for my honest review from Influenster and La Roche-Posay.
Blogger/ Punk Rocker / Quirky